Toddler & Up Moms Group Information & Registration
In order to build stronger relationships with our children and stay emotionally healthy ourselves, we explore Hand-in-Hand parenting tools such as Special Time, Setting Limits, and Play Listening. Now that these kids are toddlers (and older!), we also compassionately investigate moments of high-charge parenting, considering ways in which the past (how we were parented) might be impacting our own parenting in the wonderful, wild fray of present-day family life.
What’s New? – In the Spring of 2023, we are excited to expand our toddler moms program to include The Relationship Lab: Imago Dialogue for Parents, with Imago Relationship Therapist Baw Wolovsky and her husband, Dave Wolovsky.
Which Class? – Select one of the following. Your cohort will meet for four 2-hr evening sessions between Feb and May. Please note that the Mindful Mamas On-going group is for parents who have participated in past Toddler & Up Parenting Groups: Listen1, 2, 3 and The Opposite of Worry. Please get in touch if you are not sure which group is for you.
- Tears & Tantrums: Parenting Through Connection, our Foundational Toddlers & Up Parenting Group – Parenting tools for staying in close with our amazing toddlers
- Big emotions – theirs and ours!
- Setting limits with warm authority
- Working with off-track behaviors
- Sibling challenges, and more!
If you are NEW to our Toddler & Up Moms Groups or if you previously completed LIsten 1, we are combining our foundational and follow-up class. Your cohort will read Patty Wipfler’s book Listen: Five Simple Tools to Meet Your Parenting Challenges, and experiment with the rich approach she discussed in her book. This round we explore our parenting tools in the soul-restoring context of listening practices to bring into our adult relationships as well. Includes Listening Partnerships, additional optional daytime check-ins, and The Relationship Lab with Baw and Dave Wolovsky (descriptions below). Facilitated by Mary Esther Malloy, MA and Aisha Williams, PhD.
- Mindful Mamas On-going Core Parenting Group – Formerly known as the “Opposite of Worry”, let’s build on the years we’ve logged and relationships we’ve built. The time has come for us to turn our attention in an organized way to the benefits of a compassionate approach to building and nurturing relationships with partners or other adults in our lives as a way to create healthier homes for our kids. The Relationship Lab is in addition to our regular meetings. Listening Partnership and optional daytime check-ins. This year we will read Whole Brain Living by Jill Bolte Taylor, from a parenting and relational perspective. With Mary Esther Malloy, MA
What are Listening Partnerships? We set up phone-based listening partnerships to extend the love and support between meetings. The deep listening we offer each other helps us build reserves for the demanding work of loving our kids through the ups and downs of their childhoods, setting limits, helping them with fears, and responding skillfully to our children’s big emotions.
The Relationship Lab, with Baw and Dave Wolovsky. Being parents means building a more resilient partnership. What if you could use moments of conflict to get closer to your partner and even help your relationship grow? Is this the kind of partnership you would want for your children some day?
Perhaps one of the greatest gifts you can give your children is to grow up with parents who are affectionate and resilient together. Put this idea to the test in our Relationship Lab, 4 1-hour work sessions with Imago Dialogue, a communication practice with the potential to positively affect your family for years to come.
Single Parents Most Welcome to the Lab! Please note that Imago Dialogue is a practice to use with any relationship. We strongly suggest that you join with someone else: a romantic partner, friend, parent or sibling. If you attend alone, no worries, we will pair you with someone for a session. Please use this resource as makes sense for you!
- Fee includes
- 4 2-hr Parenting Group course sessions over 4 months
- 4 1-hr Relationship Labs
- 3 optional lunch hour daytime check ins
- Participation in Spring Mindful Birth NY Parenting Clinics
- fee is $295
To register, fill out the form below and pay the class fee. If you would like to only participate in The Relationship Lab as a stand-alone course, please return to Parent Classes and register through that page. Thank you!
After you register, fill out the intake form that will arrive with the confirmation email. Email if you have questions.
Yes. We are still Live Online because it is working well for busy parents. Still as intimate as ever. Still as community-rich.
If you would like additional information about classes, or are interested in financial aid options, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.