“This Group Saved My Life! It is so helpful!” Abby
- Join us for a deep dive into the experience of new parenthood
- Come for companionship with other new mothers and babies
- Come to take a breath in the company of others and think about your new life
- Come to get support on a range of parenting challenges
These parenting groups are about connection and exploration.
Find yourself. Find your tribe.
"It's been more than I imagined. I didn't know how much of a help this group would be. It's been amazing.”
New Moms Talk Groups
This “Not-Your-Typical’ Moms Group is a place where new parents build community and share the profound changes of identity, relationships, work, body, and so much more that birth and parenting bring. Come meet other moms and babies for meaningful discussions on a range of parenting joys and challenges. For parents and their babies between the ages of 1 week and 1 year.
- Spring 2021 Series 1 (March/April) 10 am to 12 pm EST- FULL
- Spring 2021 Series 2 (May/June) 10 am to 12 pm EST
2021 New Moms Talk Groups Dates and Times
Spring 1 – 7 Thursdays: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm EST. March 4, 11, 18, 25; April 1, 8, 15 – $196
Spring 2 – 6 Thursdays: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm EST. May 6, 13, 20, 27; June 3, 10 – $196
Toddlers-and-Up Moms’ Group
- Explore Hand-in-Hand parenting tools to strengthen your connection to your children.
- Learn mindfulness and compassion practices to keep stress in check and manage those hardest moments of high-emotion parenting.
- Build a community of parents who are doing their best to raise children thoughtfully, and stay sane!
- Connect between meetings by phone, pairing up for listening partnerships.
Toddlers-and-Up Parenting Groups meet twice-a-month over a 4-month period. Cost $225
- Spring 2021 – Inwood
- Spring 2021 – NYC
- Spring 2021 – NYC Returning Group (closed)
2021 For Toddlers-and-Up Mom’s Group Dates and Times
Groups are re-forming now. Will have updates soon about openings for Spring 2021.
In oder to help us build stronger relationships with our children, and stay emotionally healthy ourselves, we explore Hand-in-Hand parenting tools such as Special Time, Setting Limits with warmth, and Play Listening. We also investigate what can get difficult for us in the fray of family life.
We set up phone-based listening partnerships to extend the love and support between meetings. As we know from when they were babes-in-arms, the deep listening we offer each other helps us build reserves for the demanding work of listening to and hanging in there with our children. Listening partnerships help us ground this special resource more fully into our busy lives.
Parent Coaching with M.E.
Mary Esther has been counseling and coaching parents since 2003. One-off Coaching Sessions – 50 min. $125 (discount for current and past MB families). Six-session Deeper Dive Support Coaching – 1hr 15 min, includes mindfulness meditation. Contact us for fees.
- Pregnancy loss
- Feeding babies and toddlers
- Setting limits
- Relationship change with parenting
2021 Parent Coaching with M.E.
The Whole Egg, Nutritional Wellness for Families
Co-taught with Kristin Lawless, author of Formerly Known as Food. Upcoming Workshops:
- Real Food for Babies and Toddlers on Feb 23
- Breastfeeding, B. Infantis, and The Microbiota
2021 The Whole Egg, Nutritional Wellness for Families Dates and Times and Registration
- Real Food for Babies and Toddlers on Feb 23rd 1:00 to 2:30 PM EST $65
- Breastfeeding, B. Infantis, and The Microbiota
Mar 30, 1:00 to 2:30 PM EST $65
Imagine a beautifully woven net that extends in all directions. At each knotted joint in the net is a jewel. And on each facet of each jewel is the reflection of every other jewel in the net. This is the fabled jeweled net of the Vedic god, Indra. The metaphor speaks to profound interconnection. Every jewel is interwoven with and reflects all other jewels. Each individual part contains the whole within itself. No jewel exists by itself, isolated. Separate. Parenting is a time when isolation does not support wellness. We are deeply social beings and have not evolved to parent in isolation. In these groups, we find in our stories and the mindful listening a deep reflection of each other’s experiences. Research tells us that aside from prior episodes of depression, isolation is the biggest predictor of postpartum depression and anxiety. These groups are about connection at a time when we are primed for connection. Please join us and find your tribe.
A Note from Mary Esther Malloy
Additional New Parent Workshops
Click on the images below to view larger.
I’m reflecting on my blessings and I find myself thinking of our New Moms group. At that very unusual time in our lives when we all met – that raw, sleep-deprived, nervous, confused, perhaps a little self-doubting and deliriously in love with our new little ones time – I really needed the group. And I got more out of your shared stories, questions, advice and support than I could possibly express in words. As I chase after my swift, opinionated crawler, I remember us all bringing our sweet little (stationary!) newborns to that yoga room, with our fierce determination to get there no matter how difficult it was, for the chance to talk with one another and set our minds at ease. Thank you in particular, Mary Esther, for being a generous, wise & nurturing leader. You are truly a treasure.